Bookmark me while you are here!!!

Monday, March 4, 2013

What makes you scream?

I live in the woods.  This means sometimes a mouse gets in our house.  The little rascals can come in the smallest places.  Right now my husband has one in his truck!  He saw it one day last week while driving to work.  He stopped and tried to get it out, but no luck.  That night he set a couple of traps.  The mouse ate the bait and went back to his hiding place.  The mouse is still there.  I will not get in that vehicle until the offender is gone.  You see, a mouse terrifies me. My husband always says, “Why are you afraid of such a little thing, how is it going to hurt you?”
I know it is an illogical and irrational fear but they just make me quiver. I try to remember this when one appears and I try to remain calm.  But I always end up being the crazy lady fleeing in terror to the nearest chair and screaming!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I'm a crazy lady just like you. Some of my best writing demos are from mice stories. Nasty little things.

elsie said...

I'm with you on the mouse issue. They creep me out. I don't care they are tiny. They are nasty!

Nanc said...

Yep, they really bother me too...and I am a creature person and I really think bugs are interesting. It is something about the 'surprise' and the skittering they do...and then all those traps on the cartoons when we were little. I hate dead mice more than living. xo