Bookmark me while you are here!!!

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Limited Availability


This little boy is six years old, such a special age.  He loves his nana and wants to spend time reading, walking in the woods, doing crafts and making brownies with me.  He is full of wonder and excitement about life.  He is polite and kind and wants to learn new things.  I know it won’t be long before he outgrows me.  His friends and other activities will become more important to him.  Oh, he will still love his nana but I know what is going to happen.  He is an offer with limited availability, and I plan to take full advantage of it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your piece is so poignant and leaves me with so many questions. I think though, that is often the mark of a gifted writer - one who doesn't answer everything but leaves room for multiple possibilities.

Lori said...

Oh, he won't outgrow you, he'll just need your love in different ways.

Michelle said...

What a sweet slice - enjoy your grandson as much as you possibly can! I agree that he won't outgrow you. He'll just need his nana in different ways.

Nanc said...

My babe is in Ecuador...I completely understand this line, He is an offer with limited availability, and I plan to take full advantage of it! I plan on doing this too. xo