Bookmark me while you are here!!!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17, 2013

July 17 Photo of the Day
Inspiring
The heat and humidity inspired us to spend the afternoon at the movie where it was much cooler!

July 17 Slice of Life
A couple of weeks ago while eating at Subway of Byrdstown, I noticed a big cut out advertisement for a new Disney movie, the Lone Ranger.  The ad featured Johnny Depp playing Tonto. I got a little upset because Johnny Depp's Tonto had a bird on his head and a painted face. He looked nothing like the Tonto I remembered from the TV series of my youth.
One of the perks of being old is that movie tickets are cheap any time you go, so today we decided to check out this new Lone Ranger movie. When I was a youngster the Lone Ranger was a hero and I didn't know what to expect from this new version.  I don't want to give anything away but it turns out he's still a hero, he still has a horse named Silver and Johnny Depp makes a great Tonto. 
So, Ke-mo sah-bee, even though the reviews are not great, I say go see it and ask for the Senior discount!

No comments: