Bookmark me while you are here!!!

Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1, 2013

The photo challenge for today
Happiness is
Happiness is fresh green beans from the Ponderosa garden for supper.  Also on the menu was cornbread, potatoes and my Dad's famous barbecued chicken, a left over piece that I am certain Stephanie and Jay forgot to take in their haste to get to their appointment this morning!

July 1 Slice of Life

A Report from the Ponderosa
*Today has been laundry day, with me washing everything and ironing even the pillowcases.  My children laugh at me for ironing them, but I like to sleep on a good smooth surface.  Who wants to wake with wrinkle lines on their face?
*The Ponderosa Garden is having a tough year, with deer attacks and disease.  One squash plant just wilted to the ground because of pythium stem rot and the beans look like they may have blight.  Despite this, Peanut gathered squash, tomatoes, okra, eggplant and pepper for our visitors to take home and enjoy!
*Here's something I never thought I would say, "We received a check from Silver Bell Antiques for some of the items we have been consigning."  We were very pleased with the amount for the first month.  For the last few weeks we have been clearing out the house we bought back in the spring.  It was full of vintage and antique items and we are cleaning them and taking them to the local antique store.  Since we have limited knowledge about these items we leave it to the experts to price them.  It is certainly true that one person's junk is another one's treasure! 





No comments: