Bookmark me while you are here!!!

Friday, January 23, 2015

senior citizen

Yesterday, I attended the senior lunch at our church.  I have trouble thinking of myself as part of the group, but they accept me as one of their own!
 I am the youngest one and my chronological age does place me in their group. They're lots of fun and really enjoy the fellowship of having lunch together.  After lunch we usually play a game--yesterday it was a trivial game with questions about our town.  I think I'll stay with them. . . I can still learn from their wisdom!
Here's what I took to contribute to the lunch.

Strawberry Pecan Pretzel Salad

 Ingredients
1 cup pretzels, crushed
1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
3⁄4 cup brown sugar
 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
2 cups strawberries, diced
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz whipped topping

Instructions
 Mix together crushed pretzels, chopped pecans, brown sugar and melted butter.  Spread in a pan and bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Allow the mixture to cool and then break it into small
pieces. Beat together softened cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla. Fold in whipped topping.  Before serving, stir the diced strawberries and sugared pretzels and pecans into the cream cheese mixture.


No comments: