Bookmark me while you are here!!!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

let the battle begin

I saw it out the window.  It's small with a body not much bigger than a walnut, but its little mouth was full of grass!  I watched it hop around.  I called for reinforcements and Peanut watched it out the door.  We saw it go in.
It was entering this drawer from the back because it was closed.  Look how much it already carried.  How can such a little creature move that much stuff?


Grass and leaves and moss. . . It sure made a comfy spot.  Here's what we thought about it!
Sorry little bird but you are going to have to find another spot.  There's plenty of other places you can go without getting in my space.  I'll be watching because it will be back that nesting instinct is a strong one!  It's a battle we fight every spring. It's time for me to get out the collection of rubber snakes, but I'm usually the one who ends up being startled by them.  Any suggestions? 

No comments: