Bookmark me while you are here!!!

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Strawberry Bisque

We spent last week in the Caribbean on a cruise ship.  Every night we had a delicious fancy dinner.  One of my favorite appetizers was strawberry bisque.  I missed it so much that I googled a recipe for it and found the Carnival Cruise Strawberry Bisque.  We are on the second batch!

Ingredients
2 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream (whipping cream)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
fresh mint for garnish

Directions
1. Puree strawberries, milk, cream and sour cream in blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Sir in sugar
3. Chill 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator before serving.

I garnish mine with whipped cream.  The second time I made the recipe I reduced the amount of sour cream and added some extra sugar.

No comments: