Bookmark me while you are here!!!

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Turkeys on the Ponderosa

We first saw this flock of turkeys in July.  We counted 26 that day.
This week they returned to the same spot we saw them before.  This time they are much larger and Peanut counted at least 20. Some were hiding in the grass.
They were enjoying a little snack in the middle of the afternoon.  This time they let me get just a little closer.
But when I pressed my luck and tried to move closer, the watcher turkey started making some sort of warning sound and they slowly moved back into the tall grass and out of sight.  The watcher was the last to go!


I just googled what do you call a group of turkeys and this was my answer:

A group of turkeys is called a rafter, although a gang is also an acceptable name. They have also alternately been called a gobble, although this definition is colloquial and does not appear in dictionaries.

No comments: