Bookmark me while you are here!!!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday's Blast from the Past Photo(s)








As a teacher I'm usually all about snow in the forecast, but today with the predication for as much as five inches and the fact that we have used all our snow days at school, I find myself thinking, enough with the snow already! These pictures are from snows in the past when we all lived in Rolling Acres and snow meant fun all day and into the night. I can see the sledding tracks behind the Simmons house in the second picture. There were some major snowball fights and everyone in the neighborhood gathered on the hillsides or sometimes on the roads to sled and "tube". Just lately we've all been playing like that again! And it was fun while it lasted, but I'm ready for spring!

3 comments:

Miz Patti said...

Your 'Blast from the past' pics are my favorites. Love seeing how everyone looked back in the day!

steph said...

Ahhhh, those were the days. I wish I still had those boots, and that Kris still had that hair. Dad probably does still have that coat. Ha ha.

Kristen said...

Oh Geez! I am trying to catch up on my blogging and the reading! I cannot believe you posted a picture of my mullet!!!#$@#$@%#$% NO!!!!

Okay, now that I have gathered myself...yes, those were fun times! We made "sleds" out of many products....I do believe we even used an old car hood once! Steph, your dad probably still does have that coat...and my dad probably still has the coat on I had on...pack rats!