Bookmark me while you are here!!!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Twelve on the Twelfth



It was a hard job trying to post just twelve photos today, because it was an adventurous, fun filled day in Nashville, TN.
We spent June 12th downtown beginning with lunch at the Farmer's Market, followed by a stroll through Bicentennial Mall and then next on to  Cumberland Park on the river! Here are some of the highlights:

 Brynn had a minor meltdown at the spot that marks the McNairy Spring. It gave her a little scare, but Aunt T comforted her and she recovered in a few seconds.  Bless its little heart!
 The stage was empty so Parker performed a concert for us!  He received a hearty round of applause from the audience and from a stranger who was passing by.
 The community where we live is featured on the giant map of Tennesse in the Bicentennial Mall.  I guess that makes it a special place.
 Oh Tennessee!
 They are all standing on the marker for Franklin County, Jay's old stomping ground.
 All the grandkids!
 The Couttas with the capitol in the background.
 I snapped this on our way across town.  When I was a little girl my dad would take my brother and me to the top of the L&C Tower to the observation deck.  At the time it was the tallest building in Nashville.  My mom was probably shopping in Harvey's or Cain Sloan while we did this.
The water fountains at Cumberland Park--the stinkbugs new favorite place.

 And Parker's new favorite place.
A view of the city from Cumberland Park.
It was a very terrific  day.


No comments: